Guar Gum and its derivatives are widely used in various industries as per its needs. It is used in industries such as food, animal feed, textile, pharmaceuticals, personal care, health care, nutrition, cosmetics, paper, explosives, mining and oil drilling. Altrafine gums, Ahmedabad, India provides guar gum for pulp and paper industry, guar gum for textiles and also guar gum for cosmetics industry. Guar seeds or cyamopsis tetragonoloba termed as Guar Gum. Guar gum as natural gums is advantages as natural gelling agent for different industrial purpose.
Guar Gum is mainly used as a
- Natural thickener
- Bonding agent
- Gelling agent
- Soil Stabiliser
- Natural fiber
- Fracturing agent
Food Grade Guar Gum Powder
Guar gum is one of the best thickening additives, emulsifying additives and stabilizing additives. In Food Industry Guar gum is used as gelling, viscosifying, thickening, clouding, and binding agent as well as used for stabilization, emulsification, preservation, water retention, enhancement of water soluble fiber content etc.
Some food products in which guar gum powder is used:
- Ice Cream, soft drinks & concentrates, puddings
- Chocolate milk, flavoured milks
- Jams, jellies, fruit spreads, jelly sweets
- Bread, biscuit and other baked foods
- Ham and sausages
- Soft cheese and cheese spreads
- Canned or retorted food of fish and meat
- Myonnaise, ketchup, sauce and dressings
- Noodles and pasta
In Frozen Food Products: Guar gum reduces crystal formation, act as a binder & stabilizer to extend shelf life of Ice-cream.
In Baked Food Products: Guar gum provides unparallel moisture preservation to the dough and retards fat penetration in baked foods.
In Dairy Products: Guar Gum improves texture, maintains uniform viscosity and color.
In Sauces & Salad preparations: Guar gum acts as a water binder in sauces & salad dressings and reduces water & oil separation.
In Confections: Guar gum controls viscosity, bloom, gel creation, glazing & moisture retention to produce the highest grade confectionary.
In Beverages: Guar gum provides outstanding viscosity control and reduces calories value in low calories beverages.
In Pet Food: Guar gum forms gels & retains moisture, acts as a thickening, stabilizer and suspending agent for veterinary preparations.
Guar Gum for Pharmaceutical Industries
Guar gum powder is used in pharmaceutical industries as Gelling/ Viscosifying/Thickening, Suspension, Stabilization, Emulsification, Preservation, Water Retention/Water Phase control, Binding, Clouding/Bodying, Process aid, Pour control for following applications.
In tablet manufacturing it is used as a binder and disintegrating agent and in micro-encapsulation of drugs.
- Anti-acid formulations
- Tablet binding and disintegration agent
- Controlled drug delivery systems
- Slimming aids
- Nutritional foods
Guar Gum is an important non-caloric source of soluble dietary fiber. Guar gum powder is widely used in capsules as dietary fiber. Fiber is a very important element of any healthy diet. It is useful in clear and cleanses the intestinal system since fiber can not be digested. This keeps the intestines functioning properly and also improves certain disorders and ailments. All natural fiber diet works with body to achieve a feeling of fullness and to reduce hunger. Its synergistic mix of guar gum and fiber mixture when taken with water expands in stomach to produce a feeling of fullness.
Guar Gum for Cosmetic Industries
- Used as a thickener, protective colloid in Skin care products, creams and lotions.
- Also used in toothpaste, and shaving cream for easy extruding from the container tube.
Industrial Grade Guar Gum Powder
In Industrial Applications guar gum powder is a very versatile product and finds its different applications, as thickening, sizing agent, wet-end strength additive, gelling agent and water barrier, flocculation aid, for waste water treatment, as emulsifier, binder. Also used for mud formulations, enhanced oil recovery, polymer flooding, well treatment, lost circulation plugging etc. Mining grade guar gum is used in mining industry as a floatation agent flocculating or setting better quality agent. Fast hydration guar gum powder for oil drilling applications is an important advantage of guar gum. Altrafine Gums in India supply oil drilling grade guar gum, guar gum for paper industry, guar gum as an emulsifying, guaran and sickle pod.
Guar Gum Industrial grade powder is used in some industries as follows:
- Textile Printing & Sizing
- Fire Fighting
- Printing Inks
- Mosquito Mats
- Synthetic Resins
- Paper Industry
- Battery Electrolytes
- Water Treatment
- Floatation Agent
- Water Paint
- Carpet Printing
- Oil Well Drilling
Guar Gum for Paper Industry
- Guar Gum provides better properties compared to substitutes.
- It gives denser surface to the paper used for printing.
- Guar Gum imparts improved erasive and writing properties, better bonding strength and increased hardness.
- Due to improved adhesion, it gives better breaking, mullen and folding strengths.
Guar Gum for Textile Industry
- Guar Gum gives excellent film forming and thickening properties when used for textile sizing, finishing and printing.
- It reduces warp breakage, reduces dusting while sizing and gives better efficiency in production.
Guar Gum in Oil Field Applications
- Industrial grade Guar gum powder are use in oil well fracturing, oil well stimulation, mud drilling and industrial applications and preparations as a stabilizer, thickener and suspending agent.
- It is a natural, fast hydrating dispersible guar gum and is diesel slurriable.
- In the oil field industry, guar gum is used as a surfactant, synthetic polymer and deformer ideally suited for all rheological requirements of water-based and brine-based drilling fluids.
- High viscosity Guar Gum products are used as drilling aids in oil well drilling, geological drilling and water drilling.
- These products are used as viscosifiers to maintain drilling mud viscosities that enable drilling fluids to remove drill waste from deep holes.
- Guar gum products also reduce friction in the holes, and so minimising power requirements. Some Guar Gum products act to minimise water loss should occur in broken geological formations.
Guar Gums Metallurgical and Mining
- Guar gum is widely used as a flocculants to produce liquid solid separation
- Guar gum is also used in flotation. It acts as a depressant for talc or insoluble gangue mined along with the valuable minerals
Guar Gums Explosives Applications
- Gelling agents for gel sausage type explosives and pumpable slurry explosives
- Cross linking agents for gel and slurry explosives systems